Friday, October 18, 2013

ENERGYbits review

As a person who eats a plant-based diet, people already think I eat strangely. If I had a dollar for all the times people ask me, "You don't eat eggs, EITHER?" or "So what do you eat?" I'm not sure what they expect me to say (dirt? grass? sticks? leaves?), but it's never what they think it's going to be.

So when I started taking algae tablets, I kept it to myself.

I got an offer to sample a new product, ENERGYbits, tiny little tablets of spirulina algae that are supposed to provide energy, endurance, balance blood sugar, lower blood pressure and reduce fatigue. They also are high protein and have only 1 calorie per tablet. It's recommended to take 30 bits before a workout for energy.

I have a testy stomach, so it took me a while to get up the courage to try them. I finally did before a mid-day 30-mile bike ride. I tried to be aware of how I was feeling on the ride. I felt like I had enough energy for the ride, but will admit I was slightly nauseated, but not uncomfortable. I think they will be great for me to use for workouts when I've already eaten, but I don't think that I could take them on an empty stomach before my early morning workouts. But that's just me.

The company's founder, Catharine Arnston, started the company after her younger sister developed breast cancer and was advised by her oncologist to change her diet to an alkaline one because it would help her heal. They learned that an alkaline diet is rich with green, alkaline foods (vegetables, greens) and absent of acidic foods (carbs, sugar, dairy, coffee, alcohol). Her sister changed her diet, and five years later is still cancer free. Catharine went back to school to study nutrition to spread the word about alkaline foods. She learned that algae was the most alkaline food in the world and founded ENERGYbits to make it easy to understand and use.

Now athletes are hearing the message. Professional and everyday athletes are now using ENERGYbits to maintain their energy and recover well. 

I'm interested in their RECOVERYbits to help recovery from hard workouts and to help build the immune system. 

Interested in trying ENERGYbits? The company is offering a 25% discount in October in support of breast cancer awareness. Visit www.energybits.com and enter discount code "pink".


Algae has more chlorophyll than wheat grass, more beta carotene than carrots, more iron than spinach and more protein than steak. It also has over 60% protein, Omega 3 and forty vitamins and minerals. - See more at: http://www.ereleases.com/pr/athletes-pink-green-breast-cancer-awareness-month-176859#sthash.ztu8Y5vK.dpuf
Algae has more chlorophyll than wheat grass, more beta carotene than carrots, more iron than spinach and more protein than steak. It also has over 60% protein, Omega 3 and forty vitamins and minerals. - See more at: http://www.ereleases.com/pr/athletes-pink-green-breast-cancer-awareness-month-176859#sthash.ztu8Y5vK.dpuf
Algae has more chlorophyll than wheat grass, more beta carotene than carrots, more iron than spinach and more protein than steak. It also has over 60% protein, Omega 3 and forty vitamins and minerals. In fact, algae’s nutritional pedigree is so deep, there are 100,000 studies documenting its health benefits including its ability to improve mental focus, increase endurance, fuel athletic performance, reduce breast cancer and more. Just as impressive, algae helps reduce hunger, fatigue, blood pressure, depression, obesity and type 2 diabetes all without caffeine, sugar, gluten or drugs. All for one calorie per tab. - See more at: http://www.ereleases.com/pr/athletes-pink-green-breast-cancer-awareness-month-176859#sthash.ztu8Y5vK.dpuf

1 comment: