1. Vega Energizing Protein Smoothie
I've never been a big smoothie-for-breakfast person because I eat after I work out and am hungry and want solid food. But when Vega reworked their protein smoothie mixes, I wanted to give them a try. As long as I add something to them, they keep me going till mid-late morning. I love the Choc-A-Lot and the Viva Vanilla. One scoop has 15 grams of protein! My favorite combination is a scoop of the Choc-A-Lot, a frozen banana and a cup of Trader Joe's unsweetened rice milk all blended in the Vitamix, then topped with a few cocao nibs.
A Whisk and Two Wands for a Cranberry Protein Smoothie. I'm not a huge cranberry fan, but this surprised me and was delicious.
2. Saucony Virrata running shoes. I got these last week and ran 6.5 miles in my first run with them and LOVED them! I think they will be my new race shoes. I went to the running store with the intention of getting Newtons, but they didn't have the model I wanted, and I've had 7 pair of Saucony Kinvaras in the last two years, so decided to try these. Love them!
3. Farmhouse Seed Bread (gluten-free, vegan). I've made this twice and it was really good and easy.
4. Angela's Vegan Turtle Oatmeal Cookies. These are gluten-free and taste like those turtle candies we used to eat at Christmas. Yes, I made them large. Go big or go home.
5. Gluten-free, vegan "cheez-its" from Fork & Beans. These were a little more labor intensive but still really good. I used the Daiya mozzerella-style cheese as that's what I had on hand, and added a sprinkle of cayenne pepper to the dough, and they still tasted like Cheez-Its.
6. Fitbit Force. I got this kind of on a whim. We had some Best Buy gift cards that had been sitting around for a while, so I decided to use them on one of these, mostly to track my sleep, as I get plenty of exercise. Also to remind me to get up from my desk once in a while and move around! I have had it for about a month, and it's been interesting to watch my sleep patterns. As I suspected, I do not sleep well and am very restless, particularly at certain times of the night. One night I was restless for 124 minutes! No wonder I'm tired all the time! I've been wearing it as my watch, too. Sometimes I doubt its accuracy, and it doesn't record my cycling at all, but most days I hit my 10,000-step goal.
Sunfood Chlorella Tablets. I started taking these because I read that chlorella was good for recovery because it helps to clear out toxins, and it helps to prevent illnesses. I take 12 a day. My stomach wasn't too happy with the spirulina algae, but it's ok with these. I may give spirulina another try.
8. Trader Joe's. I have always loved Trader Joe's, but lately I have found some really great products. The gluten-free rolled oats, Jumbo Raisin Medley and Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips are regulars in my basket, as well as the unsweetened rice milk, quinoa & brown rice fusilli pasta and the corn tortillas. I love that they have a lot of gluten-free items.
Here's what they say are their most popular products. (I don't buy any of those!)
What are your favorite things lately?